Last Updated: 29th September 2021
Pennys Group will never give, sell, or rent the information that we collect from you via cookies to a third party such as an advertising company. If you have any concerns, please email the Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are Cookies?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on a computer’s hard drive. It records how you navigate around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic, for advertising, and marketing purposes. Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser, typically for Google Analytics. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again and can be deleted by cleaning your cookie history.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the websites effectively, such as reCAPTCHAS to distinguish the difference between robots, and humans and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, some aspects of the website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet outside of our website.
- Performance/Statistic cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our websites. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources, throttle request rates and see which parts of the site are most popular. They do not track your activity outside of our website.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our websites to remember choices/inputs in forms you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with information previously inputted into an online form. The information these cookies collect are anonymised and viewable to you only.
For useful information on cookies, including how to manage and delete them, visit AboutCookies.org. Please note that we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites.
How can I change my Cookie settings?
Please ensure that your browser’s setting reflects whether you are happy to accept cookies or not. You can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can simply set it to block all cookies (including essential cookies) although if you block all cookies, you may not have access to all the features of the website if you do so. Your browser’s help section will advise how you can do this.
How to withdraw your consent
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to obtain/view the personal data held by Pennys Group at any time.
Should you wish to obtain a copy of any information, do not want us to collect, use, or if you would like us to delete the information that we have obtained or hold from across the site then please email: email@example.com